Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Icona Pop
Electro-House | Indie | Pop

Icona Pop, Swedish DJ and synthpop duo include band mates Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo best known for their killer euro upbeat single, " I Love It." For many, this song is a great dance and party tune but to the girls, this song has a lot of meaning and heartbreak behind it. If you really listen to the lyrics you can hear the struggle of overcoming harsh times. Kudos to the girls for taking hostile feelings and making a billboard hit. I'm guessing their ex feels pretty miserable now.



"I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your sh*t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge."

The duo formed four years ago after meeting at a party in Stockholm, Sweden.
Eventually they decided to move from their home and relocate to London, hopeful to have more opportunities to get in to the music biz and find more inspirations for music.
Clearly, they made the right decision. Their hit single from their EP, "The Iconic" has been featured on the
opening credits for MTV's "Snooki & J-Woww" and on the "Need For Speed: Most Wanted" video game soundtrack. This dynaimic duo haven't had much of an issue breaking in to the US music scene.

Be on the look out for their full length album this year. Check out their official website. Icona Pop

(image courtesy of googleimages)


No comments:

Post a Comment